Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Table of contents
Answering the door can be inconvenient and sometimes unsafe. That’s why there are peepholes, video cameras, or a doorbell phone. But imagine answering your door using your smartphone or other smart devices? This is where the Ring Video Doorbell Wired comes into play. Keep reading to learn more.
What is the Ring Video Doorbell Wired?
The Ring video doorbell wired is just one of the many devices Ring company invented to keep your homes safer. Imagine being able to answer the door using your smartphone or Alexa devices anytime, anywhere, even when you’re not home. Do that, not just for your convenience but for your safety as well.
As the wife of the inventor of Jamie Siminoff exclaimed when she heard his plans on reinventing the smart doorbell, “This is like caller-ID for the front door.”
How Does the Ring Video Doorbell Wired Work?
Being hardwired, you will have to connect it to a power source of your existing doorbell chime. However, the Ring Doorbell will not activate the sound of your existing chime. Instead, it will alert only on the device itself. You can avail of the doorbell plus chime package, should you want your chime to sound off in your home.
Installation can be DIY, as it’s pretty simple to do so just by following the instructions on the product. Once installed, everything else is pretty straightforward. All you have to do next is to download the app and follow the instructions.
If you have Alexa devices in your home, you will have the option to connect those to your doorbell.
What Are the Features of the Ring Video Doorbell Wired?
The device has the basic features that every homeowner will love.
- Standard 2.4 GHz Connectivity
- Two-Way Talk
- HD (1080p) Video with Night Vision
- Control From Ring App or Alexa-Enabled Device
- 3D Motion Detection and Alerts – Ring is the only company that uses this technology. You determine with precision as to when and where someone has entered your property.
- Quick Replies – When you’re unavailable, select a preset answer and accept a message. It’s similar to having an answering machine at your door.
- Pre-Roll Video Previews – With up to six more seconds of video, you can see what caused a motion alert.
- It can be combined with other Ring or Alexa devices placed around your home.
Can I Get a Ring Doorbell Without a Doorbell?
You can get a Ring video doorbell, but it will have to be powered by a separate power source like a plug-in transformer.
What Is the Right Subscription for Me?
When you initially set up your Ring Doorbell, Camera, or Alarm, you get a 30-day trial of Ring Protect Plus. In addition, some stores may provide special deals with varying trial periods. You can then choose the subscriptions below, depending on your preference.
SEE ALSO: Which Is Better: Wired or Wireless?
- You are granted activation video recording for one device
- $3 per month or $30 per year
- With a yearly purchase, you may save up to $6
This includes the following:
- Motion-activated notifications
- Real-time video with Live View
- Two-Way Talk
- Lifetime theft protection (If your ring doorbell gets stolen, you will be given 15 days to report it and receive a free replacement)
- Video history for 60 days
- Video saving and sharing
- Snapshot capture (With recurrent photo snapshots captured throughout the day, you can observe what’s going on in between motion-activated events.)
- People Only Mode (get a notification on your smart devices when the doorbell captures a person)
- Rich Notifications (With a preview shown directly in the notification, you can see exactly what caused an alert without having to open the Ring App.)
- Activate video recording for all devices in your house
- $10 per month or $100 per year
- With a yearly purchase, you may save up to $20
This includes all of the basic subscription features plus:
- Extended warranties for all devices
- 10% off select products at Ring.com
- Professional monitoring for your Ring Alarm, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This means when your alarm goes off, professional monitoring can contact you for assistance at any time of day or night. Get protection 24 hours a day, seven days a week in the event of:
- Smoke and carbon monoxide
- Freezing temperatures
Of course, you can still purchase and use the Ring video doorbell without the subscription plans. Your Ring devices come with all of the basic functions like Live View, Motion-activated notifications, Real-time alerts, Two-Way Talk, and Lifetime theft protection for free. Ring Protect Plans provide more features for people who opt for them.
Get that peace of mind you’ve always wanted, especially when you are not home. Buy the Ring video doorbell wired today!
What other features might make this device even more effective in keeping you, your family, and your home safe? Let us know in the comments section below.