Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Table of contents
Seasons change and it is a challenge to keep the temperature at home in check all the time. Here are a few tips on what to do when you experience such challenges with your thermostat.
Top 7 Common Thermostat Problems And Ways To Resolve Them
1. High Utility Costs
Sometimes a broken thermostat may be the problem for increased energy costs. Other than that maybe you have to keep manually adjusting the temperature every now and then. With the ecobee Lite SmartThermostat you can control the thermostat anywhere with your android or iOS device even if you are away from home.
- The energy star certified ecobee can help you save up to 23% per year
- Cooling or heating system will be paused if a window or door is left open
- Seamlessly combines with your smart home system
- With the ecobee SmartSensor, your thermostat will focus on areas of your home where it is needed most for maximum comfort
2. Higher Costs During Summer
Other than the regular days’ costs there’s the summer and winter season which increases your energy costs. The 20-Watt Solar Attic Fan with Thermostat / Humidistat will help you keep your attic cool and keep your costs to a minimum.
- Solar energy powered
- Built-in humidistat & thermostat
- Little-to-no-noise with the Brushless motor
- Weather and hail resistant
- 30-day guarantee
- Limited lifetime warranty
3. Buildup of Dirt and Debris
You can see that the thermostat set point is right but the temperature feels otherwise. Sometimes the accumulation of debris and dirt can cause the heating or cooling to be all clogged up in the ducts. With just a small percentage that actually reached parts of your home where you need it most. The Morinoli 24 Feet Dryer Vent Cleaning Kit is what you need.
- Interconnecting rods so you can reach up to 24 feet into the ducts.
- A chrome button locking mechanism that ensures it will not loosen in any rotational orientation.
- Flexible high-density nylon composite material is used, which is more durable and efficient.
- Metal drill adapter to connect it to an electric drill and speed up the cleaning procedure.
4. Frequent Short-Cycling
Uneven temperature changes and annoying temperature changes may be a sign that your filter needs to be changed. Not to mention the waste of energy and noise pollution. The Filterbuy 16x24x1 Air Filter MERV 8, Pleated HVAC AC Furnace Filters protect you from 90 percent of airborne particles
- The pleated design is electrostatically charged, capturing more hazardous particles and extending the product’s lifespan by three times that of fiberglass counterparts.
- Twin wire backings protects the industrial-grade board
- Made out of recyclable materials
5. Too Hot or Too Cold
It can be annoying as well as frustrating to see that the thermostat just doesn’t give you your desired temperature. Sometimes the right placement of your thermostat can guarantee optimum performance
What to do:
- Install your thermostat 150 cm above the floor,
- Keep it away from drafts and sunny windows
- Install it away from other sources of severe heat or cold
6. Blank Thermostat Display
If your thermostat seems to have a blurry or blank display, it might be time to replace the battery. The Ultra High Capacity is compatible with Nest TL284443 Battery. You might want to find a battery that is compatible with your thermostat.
What you get:
- Made with high-quality Japanese cells, this battery is 100% compatible with your OEM battery and comes with a three-year guarantee.
- Li-Pol, 3.7V, 380 mAh
7. Tempertures Not to Your Liking
Tired of adjusting temperatures every now and then? The Google Nest Learning Thermostat will rid you of the programming hassles.
- Auto schedule feature programs itself by learning from you
- Home/Away Assist
- Nest Leaf pops up when you choose a temperature that’s energy efficient
There are a handful of methods to troubleshoot thermostat issues. For now, I’d say we need to bring this list to a close. If you have other seemingly unsolvable concerns you might want to contact a professional.
Are there other issues and troubleshoots we missed? Let us know in the comments section below.